Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holding Steady

Just before bathtime last night, Mish MoneyPenny had gained some 20 grams. Not a colossal gain, but not a loss, either: I'll take it.

The thing is, she seemed to do a great breastfeeding job on Lefty, but when she was done she still acted hungry -- starving, even -- yet wouldn't take Righty. Buh? So Mary the nurse said "what the heck, let's see if she'll take a bottle," and she sucked that thing down like a starving Armenian. Double buh? I have no idea what's going on. But later that night she took another bottle, the whole darn thing. So I guess right now bottles are easier than breasts, and neither is the dreaded tube, so I'm sticking with it. Because eating sans tube is a ticket home.

I can't talk her into enjoying her bath, strangely. Who doesn't love a bath? Well, right now the answer to that would be: Penelope. She squalls, then stops to check: am I still in the bath? Then she resumes squalling. Fortunately her squalling is both cute and hilarious, but I feel bad for subjecting her to such annoyances.

But these problems are so much more fun than the ones I was having a few weeks ago!

No comments: