Thursday, July 24, 2008

"Palpating" is a terrible word

but I can't stop wondering WHAT is going on in there, so I keep pressing around on my belly to see if there's anything I can figure out. I read in one of the "here's-what's-the-haps-this-week" emails that my gyno would palpate my uterus to see where it was and how big. HOW COOL IS THAT. I want to know what she can feel and find out that way! I mean, ultrasounds are great, but this is the old-fashioned way!

So far, in my scientific discovery, I have determined that my belly is: lumpy and weird. And if I feel around too much, I decide "that must be my liver, and it's enlarged. and that must be my pancreas, and it's calcified, which is why I am thirsty right now, I clearly have gestational diabetes. And this must just be a large random tumor! That's why I'm showing so early! So um... unlicensed palpation, not really a good idea if you are me.

Two days ago I had my second blood test for the quad-screen; yesterday I realized, at about 11am, that I had missed an 8:30 doctor's appointment. I've never done such a thing. I felt like a total heel and rescheduled for Monday, but of course that's an afternoon appointment, which puts me right into the workplace cross-hairs: there goes old Preggie again, missing work for her ladyproblems... it doesn't matter that I was here till 9:30 last night, that's what they seem to see.

I'm so lucky that Sluggo's okay and the worst crises I have to deal with are annoying moms and irritating workplace issues... but i feel a little stressed out nonetheless. feh.

No comments: