Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Sorry we haven't updated, but Grandma and Grandpa were here and we had sooooo much fun... apparently too much fun to take any decent pictures. Ha-whoops. I'll have to check the actual camera, because the cameraphone, she is not helping.
Of course, sometimes she decides it's time to have fun at 5am, like today. Waah! I'm awake! Change me! Oh, lookit this, smile smile kick kick. Why so baggy, mommy's eyes?
Friday, March 13, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
There has been a meeting of The Penelope Club, which is very exclusive. We could not show all the shenanigans, but rumor has it there was giraffe-foot boxing. (Penelope is grabbing at objects, by the way. I know. GENIUS.)
Nothing new to report healthwise. We go back to her blood pressure doctor tomorrow, but i have no reason to suspect she'll be anything but healthy. She spends the entire night in the cosleeper, except when she's eating; last night that made for 8 hours of sleep, the night before -- 12! Yeah, I said it! Her naps are also becoming more discernible.
Monkey'd better start behaving himself if he wants to stay in the club.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
I think this is going to look a lot better than the YouTube embeds.
Anywho: Tons to tell, no time to tell it. So rather than kicky prose, you'll get a list:
- We got bags and bags of clothes from the beautiful Sasha! Pics of Penn in her gorgeous new outfits forthcoming. Also from the amazing Bess!
- We have started night-nursing. It is a wonder! Everyone gets a lot more sleep! I just have to be very assiduous about sitting up and burping afterwards, or else we all get drenched in spitup.
- We're spending a lot more hours in the co-sleeper. By "we" I mean Penelope. We're not THAT attachment-parenty...
- We went to WonderCon and Penelope got Princess Leia's autograph!
- We went to mom and baby yoga! And penelope had to nurse the whole time. But we WENT!
And the woman next to me is a nurse in the UCSF NICU, and knows all our nurse-friends! And the woman across from me was in the NICU at the same time as we were! Small town, healthy babies, WIN